Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Doctor, The Legs, The Nose & Mrs. Robinson

Right now, I'm watching Doctor Who Rewind on BBC America, a recap of season 5. Which I certainty need because that season 5 threw me fora timey-wimey loopy woopy. This will be followed by the American premiere of "The Impossible Astronaut." I know I could have downloaded the show and watched it by now, but its nice to watch it on television for once. Plus, I wouldn't be able to type this up while watching if I were watching on my laptop. Tonight, I will be journalist any and all of my random thoughts while watching the latest episode. It might be annoyingly unintelligible or incredibly hilarious. Most likely, an insane combination of the two. Of course, this will make zero sense if you don't watch the episode. Alright, here we go.
(Obviously, there be Spoilers.)
Allonsy!



- It's about to start! I'm freaking out, yo!
- Old fashioned shoes! I'm loving this already.
- Why is that painting of The Doctor half-naked. Is something kinky going on?
- Is The Doctor having an affair? Ooh, cheeky.
- Of course, The Doctor would be in the history books. He probably wrote them.
- He's in the movies. Ha.
- I fucking love this music.
- No prison can hold River Song.
- A Planet Called America! (If I ever write a sci-fi space travel book, that's the title I'm using.)
- Hehe, Rory's wearing shorts.
- "I wear a Stetson now, Stetsons are cool."
- Aww, River and The Doctor are comparing notes. Like old besties.
- BTW, Amy looks really cute in that outfit, especially the plaid shirt.
- Did Matt Smith's ears get bigger over the break?
- New opening titles, neat.
- MATT SMITH
- KAREN GILLIAN
- ARTHUR DARVILLE
- "1103? You were 908 the last time we saw you." "And you put on some pounds, I wasn't going to mention it."
- Sketch-tastic astronaut in the water. I'm already creeped out, good job Moffat.
- Ah! Doctor!
- He can't regenerate, I love 11.
- River is going to fuck that astronaut up.
- I am done with sketch guys appearing out of nowhere. What's with the old man.
- They're going to burn his body? Damn, this got dark quick.
- A Viking funeral.
- I'm not crying, its just been raining on my face.
- Canton Everett Delaware III. Impressive name.
- "I won't be seeing you again, but you'll be seeing me." Time travel gives such a friggin' headache!
- 3, 2, and 4. Where the hell is 1?
- Oh, Amy, you're breaking my heart.
- A letter!
- "Some guy."
- Some guy is The Doctor?
-Someone should slap him.
- Rory the Rouge. Love it.
- Thank You, River!
- I really want to meet Jim the Fish.
- "Who's that?" "Spoilers."
- "How many of those can there be? Well . . . three, I suppose."
- "I'm being extremely clever and there is no one to be impressed."
- Time is, indeed, bumby wumpy.
- "Off to pop and make babies." A bet forward, don't you think?
- Oooo, The Doctor's getting intense. I like it. "Trust you. Seriously?"
- Fish fingers and custard just became the secret codeword for the clubs of twelve-year-olds all over the world.
- "You were my second choice for president, Mr. Nixon." That takes balls.
- "Did you do something?" "No, just watching."
- "Most powerful country on Earth." Damn Straight.
- "A child?" Yeah, probably a creepy, evil, alien, demon child!
- "A bad moment? Oh, this is the Oval Office, I was looking for the . . . oblong."
- That's the TARDIS, Mr. Nixon.
- "Very much not in need of getting shot." Oh Rory.
- "The Legs, The Nose, and Mrs. Robinson." "I hate you." This is how I shall refer to them from now on.
- What the fuck is a "jammie dodger?"
- Aaaah! What is that?
- Rory want to go with Amy so they can join the Presidential Club. It's like the Mile High Club, but a higher security clearance is required.
- "Is that a mask? Some Star Trek thing?"
- So you immediately forget about it once you look away. Terrifying.
- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
- Yep, I'm definitely going to have nightmares tonight.
- How did that agent not hear that?
- Ha, he's confused by her cell phone. Old times be crazy.
- Oh No! The Space man is going to eat her!
- "Lovely fellows, two of them fancied me." Oh, Doctor, you flirt.
- "Cause you're the cutest."
- "How long has Scotland Yard had this?"
- "Cool aliens?" "What would you call me?" "An alien."
- Damn paradoxes. Always messing shit up.
- "Careful? Tried that once, ever so dull."
- "So what's going on here?" "Nothing, she's just a friend." "I think he's talking about the possible alien incursion."
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! River! Run! Run! Run!
- "All clear." No! Not at all! No words have ever been less true!
- That's the kind of underground tunnel people get murdered in.
- "Imagine what that does to a girl." "I don't really have to."
- Aw, now River's breaking my heart. "And I think it's going to kill me."
- Jesus Christ those things are terrifying. Nothing out there? False.
- Two "Doctor Who" jokes in one episode, you guys.
- Doctor, it's like mad important. Tell him, Amy!
- Pregnant! I did not see that coming.
- Sketchy Astronaut!
- No, Amy, No!
- Did she just shoot a kid?
- Oh God, my heart. Next week can't come fast enough.

Wow, that episode was beautiful. Anyway, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, when I write about whatever nerdy thing that strikes my fancy.

Also, Elizabeth Sladen was a beautiful, wonderful, amazing, brilliant being. She will be missed so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment